Nothing is more interesting than exercising your brain with a chess game!
It really is a mind fitness!
Some history from the Origins of Chess:
The origin of Chess remains a controversy. Many countries claim to have invented the chess game in some incipient form. The most commonly held belief is that chess originated in India, where it was called Chaturanga, which appears to have been invented in the 6th century AD. Although this is commonly believed, it is thought that Persians created a more modern version of the game after the Indians.
From Persia it entered the Islamic world, where the names of its pieces largely remained in their Persian forms in early Islamic times. Its name became Shatranj, which continued in Spanish as Ajedrez and in Greek as Zatrikion, but in most of Europe was replaced by versions of the Persian word Shah = "King".
It is said that having a game of chess is the best sport for your brain, one of the most important organs of your body so you want to keep it active and fit. Nothing more gratifying than to have a tournament or just for fun than to play chess with your family or friends.
This beautiful and practical Magnetic Chess Set | MindFitness will let you enjoy a game everywhere you go: school, park, plane, train and be ready to play as a passion or just as a hobby to exercise your brain, for small children and older. Everyone will appreciate a Chess game time.
Benefits of playing chess:
- Exercise both sides of the brain: To get the most benefit from a physical workout, you need to exercise both the left and right sides of your body. Studies show that in order to play chess well, a player must develop and utilize his or her brain’s left hemisphere, which deals with object recognition, as well as right hemisphere, which deals with pattern recognition. Over time, thanks to the rules and technique involved in the game, playing chess will effectively exercise and develop not one but both sides of your brain.
- Prevents Alzheimer disease: A medical study involving 488 seniors shows that playing chess, measurably decreases the risk of dementia and combats its symptoms. Instead of letting the brain deteriorate, keeping the brain functioning at a normal rate, especially with a mind exercising activity like chess, will reduce your risk for Alzheimer’s disease as well as depression and anxiety.
- Improves children thinking and problem-solving skills: A child who is introduced to chess at a young age is likely to do better in school for years to come. Research shows that playing chess improves a child’s thinking, problem-solving, reading, and math scores. Chess experts generally agree the second grade is the ideal time to introduce children to chess, although some as young as four or five may be ready to learn and play.
- Builds Self-confidence: no matter what your age, playing chess will build up your self-esteem. When you play, you’re on your own, and if you lose, you have to take stock and analyze just where you went wrong. Playing and analyzing why you lost or won a game increases the level of mental strength and self-confidence that you bring to the world beyond the chessboard.
- Improves memory: Chess is one of the most complex sports to play. It requires your memory a great capacity to obtain and store information.With so many different variations and possible moves for each game, players need to remember and follow certain strategies to get an advantage. As a result of this, it helps boost your memory.
- Patience, concentration and logical thinking: This sport requires remembering a lot of concepts and strategies, so if you can’t concentrate and be patient you won’t succeed.
It is also based on logical thinking and it helps to develop it, as well. The more you expand your logical thinking, you will make fewer mistakes. In other words, it teaches you how to think logically and make the right choices, which not only affects chess but other areas as well.
Chess pieces: Gold and Silver
Foldable box: approx.25x12.5x4cm
Size when open: approx.25x25cmx2cm
Pieces size: from 2.5 cm to 5 cm
The package includes:
1x Magnetic Chess Set | MindFitness: 32 pieces in gold and silver